No Blank Left Behind

I'm a big fan of North Star Games' "Say Anything," and I back when I first started playing it I proposed to the president of the company that they release an adult version (the back of the box hinted at a version for adults, displaying the questions "If I could have a BIG anything, what would it be?") He told me a chap named Russell Weiser had already made his own set of X-rated questions and run a big event at Origins game fair with 100 people playing at once. Unfortunately I missed that event, but now Wayne Lucas and Despicable Games have finally come up with a game that allows players to invent their own scandalous answers to probing questions.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you....

No _____ Left Behind!

NBLB jailbreaks players from the cardstock prison of Cards Against Humanity, brainlessly choosing one of a handful of cards with someone else's jokes on them. Every game is different and the PLAYERS bring the funny!  I heartily endorse this.

In any game like this, the components and game play are straightforward, it's the content that sets it apart.  And NBLB shines in this area, with cards that inspire humor and creativity that runs the gamut from clever to ribald.  Here's an example from a recent session:

My intimate partner just wrote me a performance review.  What did it say?

"An enthusiastic self-starter who finishes quickly without the need for direction or interaction."

No Blank Left Behind is a simple adult party game that succeeds at what it sets out to do: be a laugh generator for unbuttoned players above 18 years of age. Check it out on Kickstarter.



Comments